Monday, July 15, 2013

Vacation days.

Mini and I took the bus to Trysil a few days ago, and hubby, sister and niece followed a couple of days later. We've had some busy days (painting windowsills and the playhouse) but today's been more of a lazy morning (although Mini woke up bright and early, as usual).

The living room is full of signs that there are two kids here - lots and lots of (vintage..) LEGO and Playmobile toys and new and old cars (I think the oldest toy car I found the other day was marked 1972).

Vintage LEGO.
 It's fun to be able to take out old toys from when my sister and I were young, and let Peder and Emma play with them now.
Vintage Playmobile.
 I remember when I first got that little playhouse from Playmobile. Not quite sure how old I was, but I remember when I had the full set of a hospital wing from Playmobile - down to cups and plates and bandages for the little people.
A mix of old and new toys.
The police car was bought during a trip to Trondheim when I was young. We used to spend some time every summer in Trondheim, visiting grandma and grandpa. I still miss the summers in Trondheim.

There's been some, but only a little, crafting achieved by me these days. Mostly because painting kills my arms and back (I'm definitly not used to hanging on top of a ladder painting) - but also because when the evening comes, I've not quite felt like crafting much. But I have been crocheting a little, and made some stitchings on a stitchery. (And realized that my mom and I have very similar taste in craft books - seeing as I've just ordered - and got - two of the same books she's bought..)

Speaking of craft books.. I've got more than a shelf full of them - some I look to for inspiration, some I've used quite a bit over the years, and some I've bought, looked at, and then placed on the shelf.. So I was thinking the other day, that maybe I should look through them again, with new eyes, and see if there are projects there that I really want to make - and if I can't find any, perhaps I should take the book off the shelf and see if someone else might be interested in it.

I really need to sew more - using Aurora (my sewing machine) but seeing as she's been packed away for most of the last month (redecorating the kitchen..) I've mostly been knitting, crocheting and stitching. Perhaps I can unpack her again later this week (when we return from Trysil) and have some quality time with her again.

***
What are you up to this summer? Any big crafting plans or just playful small projects? :)

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you have got to spend some time with your Mum........

Laila said...

Tusen takk for koselig besøk, lekene og jeg trenger å brukes i blandt:-)) klem