Friday, November 15, 2013

Under the weather..

I've got a ton of things I want to do, and should have done, but for the past couple of weeks it's been hard to find the energy to get anything done. Long story short, I'm struggling with a cough which won't stop, resulting in a plague or cholera situation (choosing between two evils..). Coughing until I throw up - or drink a cough syrup with side effects (including nausea and drowsiness).. But! I've got my SSCS-parcel ready for wrapping and mailing, and a couple of projects on their way from ideas to products, so there's at least something happening.

I took a walk after work today, and saw that they've started to put up the Christmas decorations around downtown. Some of these have featured over the past couple of years - others are new this year. The twinkling lights (although about two weeks too early, according to my calendar) were lovely against the dark blue afternoon sky. It definitely makes the darker months of the year a little more manageable, and a lot less depressing. 

Stars on Glasmagasinet, as it has been for the past few years.

Disney'ish stars over Torggata, same as the previous years.

The old movie theatre which is now a huge bookstore, has
some new decorations this year. (I like the fact that they've
kept the old sign above the entrance.) 



***
Hope you all have your health with you.

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

hope you are feeling better really soon but sounds like it might take a bit for you to get over this.........
the lights are so pretty.......