Sunday, March 16, 2014

Roughly four years in the making..

Back in the winter of 2010, I prepared the stitcheries for the Cinderberry Stitches pattern Sublime Season - and... february 2014  I put the final stitches in the binding. Not bad, huh?

Originally, the pattern called for windmills around and between each block, but I'm not very good at piecing these kinds of blocks.. I suppose that's why most of my quilts have squares or simple lines.. In this one I decided to use a black flamelike fabric, changing shade from deep black to lighter charcoal gray. The yellow strip is my final leftovers of a very warm, yellow butterfly fabric. I bought this back when I lived in Tønsberg (between 2004 and 2006) and have been saving this last piece for something special.

Sublime Season on the grass.
 Now, Sublime Season is a Christmas themed pattern, with parts of Twelve Days of Christmas written in the center block, but the colors are so cute and light, and I really wanted to reflect that in the outer border. The yellow fits perfectly - and there are shades of light blue and pink there too, in the butterflies.

Almost sunlight - so much better than the gray of winter.
 I figured, 1) it's my quilt so I'll do what I want with it, and 2) the pattern's from Australia, where I bet there's butterflies at Christmas, so the fabric was just perfect.

On our bbq-bench - unfortunately, slightly wrinkly. 
I had to chase the quilt a bit when trying to photograph it, as the wind kept trying to steal it from me. Now to wait for Christmas, so that I can hang it in our living room.

2 comments:

Laila said...

Så kjempe flott teppet ble :-)))

Chookyblue...... said...

just catching up on some tagged posts to comment on.........

congrats on getting this quilt finished it is lovely............